FLORENCE, Wis. - A Florence man died Tuesday after he was electrocuted while working on a utility line in Fern, Wis.
The incident occurred at about 12:20 p.m. near the intersection of State Highway 101 and Turtle Creek Road.
Florence County Sheriff Jeff Rickaby said that 43-year-old Dean G. Larson, a utility worker for Florence Utilities, had been working on a line about 60 yards off the roadway when he was electrocuted.
Florence Rescue Squad, Beacon Ambulance, and Larson's co-workers performed CPR at the scene and used an automated external defibrillator in an attempt to revive Larson, said Rickaby.
The incident remains under investigation.