Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Staff Contacts | Home RSS
 
 
 

Fire at Aurora business

January 15, 2013
The Daily News

By NIKKI YOUNK

Staff Writer

AURORA, Wis. - The attic of one of the Grailer Welding buildings in Aurora was damaged in a structure fire on Monday.

Article Photos

Theresa Peterson/Daily News Photos
Emergency response personnel work to put out a structure fire at Grailer Welding in Aurora on Monday afternoon.

Emergency response personnel were called to the fire at 2:13 p.m.

Aurora Volunteer Fire Department Chief Chad Hedmark said that the fire appeared to be caused by overheated materials around a wood stove chimney.

Damage was contained to the attic area, he added.

According to Hedmark, a few employees of Grailer Welding sustained minor injuries and decided to seek their own medical attention.

Assisting the Aurora Fire Department on scene were the Aurora Rescue Squad, Florence Fire Department, Homestead Fire Department, Niagara Fire Department, Breitung Township Fire Department, Florence County Sheriff's Department, and Beacon Ambulance.

Hedmark said that he called for plenty of aid, due to the size of the structure and the flammable materials kept inside.

Firefighters cleared the scene at 4:22 p.m.

Nikki Younk's e-mail address is nyounk@ironmountaindailynews.com.

 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web